In these chamber orchestra concerts, the music tells a tale and transports the students into the story through music and narration.The concerts also include instrument demonstrations by the orchestra, and opportunities for students to participate by drawing the narrative pictures that are displayed during the concert and by being selected to sit on the stage during the performance! This year we explore Igor Stravinsky’s magical Firebird Suite!
(kindergarten - 2nd grade students)
This concert includes:
- Full symphonic orchestra including strings, brass, woodwinds, and percussion with instrument demonstrations
- Student can participate by drawing pictures for display during the concert to help tell the story of the music
- Featuring Igor Stravinsky's magnificent Firebird Suite
ATTENTION TEACHERS! We are looking to collaborate with you and your students for artwork to help tell the story of The Firebird as the symphony plays the music. Some of the artwork will be chosen for a slideshow on stage, and all artwork will be displayed in lobby for the student audience to view. If you and your students choose to participate, you will be given a particular scene and asked to create art based around that event. Contact the ASO office for more details. We hope to collaborate with you on this wonderful opportunity to display your students' beautiful work!
Friday, April 27, 2018
Two concert times to choose from:
- 9:15 am - 10:15 am Dawson Auditorium, Adrian College
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Dawson Auditorium, Adrian College